The HASIS PTA is a non-profit organization consisting of all parents, teachers and an elected PTA committee of the school community. The aim is to promote and enhance the School’s Vision and Mission as well as the values of the education offered at HASIS, and to forge a unified, vibrant, caring community in support of student education. Through close co-operation between parents, staff, HASIS Board of Trustees and others associated with the School, the HASIS PTA assists in developing and extending our relationships.
As per Omani Ministry of Education regulations, the HASIS PTA aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Cultivate and forge a positive relationship between HASIS and our parent body.
- Sponsor HASIS students with special needs and recommend programs to School.
- Administration to develop student potential, thus participating in improving their academic and social standards.
- Consider the requirements of the School’s environment, and assist School Administration in solving the obstacles affecting performance and development planning.
- Establish and promote the School’s role as a center of excellence within the local community.
- Assist School Administration in the monitoring of all social, economic and ethical issues harmful to the School community, and to take necessary procedures to eradicate it or restrict its impact.
Fundraising may also a part of HASIS PTA activities. There is support to various community charities in an effort to give back to the community we live in. If you have any ideas of projects or social events that might be appropriate for the future, please let us know.
The HASIS PTA helps to organize and to sponsor various events throughout the year and supports the School by assisting with voluntary help for sporting events and class excursions.