How To Apply
Hay al Sharooq International School is open for admissions throughout the year (subject to availability). We recommend that you apply as early as possible. Before beginning the online application process, we advise you to check to see the correct year group for your child.
|Sultanate of Oman Class Terminology||Minimum age requirements||Department|
|KG1||Children must be 3 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|KG2||Children must be 4 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 1||Children must be 5 years of age before 1st July 2019||Primary School|
|Grade 2||Children must be 6 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 3||Children must be 7 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 4||Children must be 8 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 5||Children must be 9 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 6||Children must be 10 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 7||Children must be 11 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 8||Children must be 12 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 9||Children must be 13 years of age before 1st July 2019||Secondary School|
|Grade 10||Children must be 14 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 11||Children must be 15 years of age before 1st July 2019|
|Grade 12||Children must be 16 years of age before 1st July 2019|
Step 1. – Application Form
- Child details – complete all relevant details about your child
- Parent details – complete all relevant details about the parent(s).
- Medical information – complete all relevant details about any medical issues
- Payment – Complete payment of a non-refundable registration fee of OMR
- Other information – submit required documents. See required documents list.
Step 2. – Assessment
- Once all the required documents have been submitted and the registration fee paid, the Admissions team will be in touch with you to book assessment for your child as soon as possible.
- For students residing overseas who are unable to attend an assessment at the school, their application including school reports will be reviewed by the Principal of School and a conditional offer may be extended in order to secure a place. If a conditional offer in granted, the student will still be required to complete an assessment upon arrival for class placement. Alternatively, we will liaise with the school in your home country to facilitate assessment on our behalf.
Step 3. – Securing your place
- Shortly after assessment you will be contacted by the Admissions team. Successful applicants will receive an offer letter and we will hold the seat for a period of 7 working days.
- To accept the offer and secure the place for your child please return the signed offer letter and pay the Admissions fee.
- If your child has successfully passed assessment, but the grade applied for is full, they will be placed on a waiting list. When a place becomes available you will be notified.